Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Membership renewal

Membership renewal 3 months 4 days ago #4813

• tim howell
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 11
A5 Rangers Cycling Club - Membership subscriptions for 2019 are due on 1st January.

Payment can be made either by bank transfer (preferred) or cheque.

Subscriptions are as follows:
  • Senior (over 18) - £25
  • Married / Partner (2 adults) - £35
  • Family (2 adults + children under 18) - £40
  • Junior (under 18) - £6
  • Second Claim - £15
If paying by bank transfer, please ensure you use "YOUR NAME - SUBS" as the payment reference; the club’s bank account is as follows:
  • Sort Code “30-18-83
  • Account Number “12127760
If paying by cheque please make it payable to “A5 Rangers CC”. Cheques should be handed to the Treasurer, John Wright.

As part of your membership renewal please read the Club's Data Protection Policy (available online at www.a5rangerscyclingclub.org.uk/about-us.html).

Please also return a signed copy of the Consent Form (at the end of the Club’s Data Protection Policy) by email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Alternatively a paper copy can be handed to me at the Club Room when you are next there.

Please make every effort to renew your membership on time as the club is run by volunteers and we would rather be out cycling than chasing you for your membership fees. If you have decided not to renew, it would be helpful if you could either add a post to this forum notice or email me to this effect and let me know your reasons as this may help us to improve the club.

Finally please let me know if you do not wish to receive a membership card - there are quite a few cards from last year that have never been collected and it is a waste to produce cards if they are not required. If you change your mind I can issue a card for you at any time.

Many thanks,
Tim Howell
Membership Secretary, A5 Rangers Cycling Club.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ianf

Membership renewal 3 months 3 days ago #4818

• ianf
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Tim. Don't send a card to me in Thailand!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim howell

Membership renewal 3 months 3 days ago #4823

• Kevin Bacon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I do not intend renewing my membership.

Feedback: I joined the club in 2012 and benefited from cycling advice freely given (sometimes too much to process), as well as enjoying the social interaction and I improved as a cyclist as a result: indeed, I actively encouraged friends to join this 'friendly' club. However, in the last three or four years it has become factional and fractious and could not be described with any degree of accuracy as friendly. I can ride anywhere with or without company but choose not to ride in an atmosphere of whispering intolerance and inconsequential club politics. In fact, I have not ridden with the club for the last two years.
I would like to thank Craig Hamilton who endured my company on several century rides and GFs with patient good humour and well-founded cycling advice. I would also like to extend my admiration and respect to Peter Semler for his pragmatic, determined and democratic approach to the reform of an ossified, sclerotic system which currently benefits only those resistant to change.

finally, I wish the club the best of luck for the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: semler, martinsmith, Ricki Goode, tim howell

Membership renewal 3 months 3 days ago #4824

• Ricki Goode
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I couldn't have put it better myself Kevin, I shall apply my own name to your comments.

Membership renewal 3 months 2 days ago #4825

• Chris Latham
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 46
How does one become a Second Claim member?

Membership renewal 3 months 2 days ago #4828

• ianf
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Given the shenanigans in the club it seems to coincide with the end of the year when we have only a little time to renew. But surely renewing depends on what happens in the very near future? If they are still trying to push out the older established members do we renew or not? Is the coup d'etat over? Perhaps existing members can have until 31 January to decide? Let me know.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds